Your Story 2.0

Got anything to say that doesn't fit anywhere else?

Moderator: Minecraft Moderators

Nons
Minecraft IGN: Nons

Your Story 2.0

Post by Nons » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:00 am

Following on from Cap's topic where we told our stories about our journey through the community, mine has changed a lot in this year and I can word it better so here goes

2012:
Spoiler: show
I joined Alter Ego in February 2012, I was invited by cast_jjuk after I was bored one school lunchtime and we had a serious game of... chess.

I joined and had a look around, confused that I couldn't build anywhere because I didn't know it was all protected :lol:
So I came back a week later with bodyguard161, who asked if there was anywhere we could build. Sui tp'd us to world_1 and we invited my brothers Yevad6 and spudfozzy to make a village together. We played on AE for around 6 hours straight every single day for about 2 weeks before we had to go back to school. It was so fun.

"but the hearts of men are easily corrupted." -Galadriel, Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
Soon enough, I found out about ranks and for the next 2 months or so I made my sole purpose on the server to get promoted. I would whine and complain to get promoted, to a point where I became one of the most hated people on the server because I was desperate for SuperVIP. Kids eh? :lol:

Eventually I did get SuperVIP for building 2fort in Minecraft (thanks sui!) and became more chilled out. I think I disappeared for a while after that.
2013:
In June 2013 I got bored and went on a roleplay server called pottercraft and roleplayed for about 2 months straight. Made a few friends there, and when pottercraft got corrupt and banned half of us, I brought them to AE. One of these players became my best friend, Crafting_cricket, in September 2013 when we all came back to AE, Crafting_cricket ended up becoming my girlfriend. (see screenshot) Lasted 9 months so w00t!
2014:
I disappeared for a few months again, can't remember why... All I remember is that when those 9 months were up I got heartbroken and came back to you guys and began playing actively again in February 2015, I've been here ever since :)
2015:
I came here almost daily, Me and Loli made a survival series and put it on Youtube, and I made sure that we were still doing ok like we always were. I found that the community had started to struggle in my absense, and vowed that day that I wasn't going to let the community die (see topic http://ae-c.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2459 ). I've made sure to come online at least once a week since then, caused a small piece of drama with pesky griefers, but got promoted to Mod soon afterwards, result!
2016:
In these past few months, I've been treating community members like dear best friends, I consider all of you my family. I have been through a lot in these past few years, but I'm on the road to recovery and I don't intend on going anywhere any time soon.
Screenshots:
The earliest known AE screenshot I have- 7th February 2012

Our first Village

The 2fort that got me SuperVIP

Sui and I share a romantic moment

The day I scored

The day I realised that my best friends lived across the world :D
I ain't gonna get got. But if I get got, I gotta get got like I ain't get gotten got though

#MakeAlterEgoGreatAgain

porwerboy
Minecraft IGN: porwerboy

Re: Your Story 2.0

Post by porwerboy » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:48 pm

zsdrfty showed me minecraft and a month later introduced me to Alter Ego. He showed me around, the place i remember the most is knut's redtorch (is that what it was called) facility. I built a home above it. Later that year when the world reset i lived in a dirt house next to spawn.
I built porwer_palace and got VIP. Met Pure_Khaos. I helped build Khaos height, was the year I spent most of my time on. (also zjd25 and ~5 of his friends played.
I was lazy and didn't do anything memorable
I got SuperVIP for building the first train (nons wasnt the original train guy) and after that SkyLassie and I worked on alot of trains in flatlands (I also got FabulousVIP)
Wasn't around much.
I got mod and a trumplike #MakeAlterEgoGreatAgain campaign started because of me... somehow...
bitch

fightinglizard7
Minecraft IGN: Fightinglizard7

Post by fightinglizard7 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:20 pm

This is the story that not many people wanted to see

Part 1: The Rise

I began playing Minecraft with Porwerboy, after he introduced it to me, and a week after he joined the alter-ego community, I followed just as the world reset. I began as a humble member, just doing my own thing, building houses out of dirt, attempting to build the taj majal (and failing miserably) and getting to know the community. .
I began to notice all of my friends ranking up, becoming VIP, and wondered why I never became one. I also joined the forums, where I was a nuisance, chronically complaining about spilled milk (http://ae-c.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=678&p=5949#p5949). When I finally got promoted, I was the first player on the server with the "member" rank, and I was salty AF. I spent most of my days in the space world and began to complain about ranks.
Part 2: The Fall

. I finally got promoted to vip, and became FooFightinglizard7, which was a fun little novelty. However, everyone around me was far ahead of me in the social & political ladder of AE, and I pushed for super-vip. By doing this, I came across as a dick, an asshole and ultimately, I became the single most hated player on the server. Midway through the year, I left, and made a big deal about it on the forums, further solidifying everyone's hatred for me as I made myself look even worse. I do regret what I did.
Part 3: The (very short-lived) Revival

I'm not going to go into full detail with this, there's too much that happened for me to put into words.
I applied for moderator, and got it after what seemed like an outstanding interview... and.... I went on vacation, missed a meeting and lost the position after giving some grand ideas on the direction of our server at the time. I then began my "FOREVERMOD" campaign, displaying that my old self was still inside me.
I left the server for a second time, and people forgot about me. I was not disappointed with this, as it granted me a new start, a start that hasn't happened yet.
Part 4: Today

Not much happened at the beginning of the year, but I am making an effort to return to the community, so... we'll see what happens :D
I bought all-purpose flour at the store last week, it lied...
it makes terrible lubricant

8coachm
Minecraft IGN: 8coachm

Post by 8coachm » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:47 pm

I was told about a great minecraft server at school by my friend zjd25. Sadly at this time I didn't have minecraft so i guess you could say I purchased minecraft with the sole purpose to join Alter Ego. I quickly built a house and met some of the regulars which were porwerboy and knutremi. I joined late in the year so not much really happened after that besides tree chopping and diamond searching.
Once the new year started, I started to build a larger house and a real steel arena. This area became known as coa_town. After a while more of my friends started joining the server and we made hobo huts and town across the entire server each one becoming bigger and better. After a while, a new player GingaNinja joined the server. He instantly built a large town right next to coa_town which led to some hostilities. When he started to get closer and closer to my towns boarders I built a wall and a gate house letting my first real steel arena get demolished as he expanded past them. It was at this time I started to fight back. After a stack of TNT and complaining a lot , I was officially banned from Alter Ego.
Well I was banned from the server but I could summarize what happened to coa_town during this time period. Basically GingaNinja's expansion didn't stop and since I was banned coa_town was partially destroyed and he started tearing down the new real steel arena and the hotel to make room.
In 2014 I got myself unbanned and met some new players (for me) like nons and lolipop123456789. When I got back I found that GinjaNinja had quit the server and With the help of Lolipop, I started to rebuild coa_town. After a while I started to outgrow coa_town. I expressed a particular interest in boats so I started building an aircraft carrier. This was eventually grieved down to near nothing by els66. I then gave up on large project because the risk was too great. I then started my flatland's base named SH8. However I became more active in the end of the year and started gathering resources to build my greatest build yet.
I started building larger projects again and It led me to the creation of the USS WASP. Sadly the maps were reset shortly after and I left for a while after losing everything but I came back... only for the maps to be reset again so I left again for a while.
Started getting more active and redstone projects were being pushed out faster than I could even think of what they could do. I became the first person in minecraft history (as far as I know) to built a machine that could take a MIDI file and decode the file and play it with noteblocks. I then became even more active and I am now working on what could be one of the largest redstone project on the server. The 8_Corp vault being build next to the world spawn will include everything from auto farms to music machines.