A few bugs I noticed

The custom C++ server (mc.ae-c.net:7777)
GO HERE INSTEAD -> http://forum.mc-server.org/

Moderator: FakeTruth

knutremi
Minecraft IGN: knutremi

A few bugs I noticed

Post by knutremi » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:10 pm

I must say I'm impressed by MCServer. In just a short while you've gotten level generation with trees working. Leaves burn and netherstone burns. Although I've noticed a few bugs.

It might be obvious but water doesn't flow. The same goes for lava. You can place blocks so you're standing inside them. And sand and gravel won't fall. You can also place torches in water and they'll replace the water. Ice doesn't melt. And stairs will only face one direction. You can't drop stuff on the ground with Q. And things you drag-drop from the inventory will come back in some cases.

I don't know if it helped or if I mentioned any new bugs. But if you've got these on your to-do list, could you fix the stair bug first? I need it to make the roof on my house! :P
Don't beat yourself up.

FakeTruth
Site Admin
Minecraft IGN: FakeTruth

Re: A few bugs I noticed

Post by FakeTruth » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:12 pm

Add all missing things to http://mcserver.ae-c.net/support/ if you like :D

crabcakes123
Minecraft IGN: crabcakes123

Post by crabcakes123 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:08 pm

ya also the terrain is too flat and trees look different but overall great job :D
also certain blocks can be placed on each other when they shouldn't like cake and flowers. finally the cacti are all messed up with some in the water and others just floating
all of these however are minor
good work!
When life gives you lemons, Make apple juice

Darkness049
Minecraft IGN: Darkness049

Post by Darkness049 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:52 pm

placing signs and writing on them cause you to crash and leave a clone in game. when i rejoined the house i made was gone so yea.
Thats Me Kickin Yo Ass

FakeTruth
Site Admin
Minecraft IGN: FakeTruth

Post by FakeTruth » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:18 am

Darkness049 wrote:placing signs and writing on them cause you to crash and leave a clone in game. when i rejoined the house i made was gone so yea.
It kicks ya now :P

Mrlinkfreak
Minecraft IGN: Adokul

Post by Mrlinkfreak » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:14 am

Darkness049 wrote:placing signs and writing on them cause you to crash and leave a clone in game. when i rejoined the house i made was gone so yea.
That's like my server. Except it completely stops the server last time I checked. And I'm not sure if Banana showed you it but we saw some weird lighting bug. When it was night, there was this glowing light around about 3 blocks. Banana had to place torches and remove blocks until it went away.