Here we talk about Throne

Moderator: Minecraft Moderators

knutremi
Minecraft IGN: knutremi

Organization structure

Post by knutremi » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:57 pm

Old organization structure:
Spoiler: show
Thus far we have no organization structure, apart for how some parts rely on work by others, so you have to guide and direct them or create the content based on their work. And also, anyone from Member and up can join.

But until we figure out we need to make another organization structure, the structure is loose, kind of like Anonymous.

Also, since anyone can do anything, everything is also subject to change. In order to get to the game we want in the end, we will most likely change or drop a lot of content along the way. If you wanna be more sure your content is kept, you need to make sure you've made it while getting feedback from other project members. Also, base your content on content by the others.
So, discuss organization structure and how it's gonna work here.
Don't beat yourself up.

knutremi
Minecraft IGN: knutremi

Re: Organization structure

Post by knutremi » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:21 am

We've gone from a loose structure to one consisting of multiple teams and a project director. I'm now merely a member of the gameplay/game mechanic/engineering team (I'm not entirely sure about the team name and responsibilities yet). 8coachm has taken over as project director. However, I have been a consultee about ways to organize our work. My focus has been how to best achieve our goals and how to keep progress going.

Each team will be responsible for their own game design paradigm. This can be things like:
  • story, lore and theme
  • gameplay, game mechanics and engineering
  • regions, landscaping, and surroundings
  • area planning, structures and dungeons
Each team will also have requirements to the other teams. Each team's focus is to deliver lots of good solutions the other teams can use.

8coachm and the team leaders will be assigning team leaders and team members when they feel it's needed to make the project progress better and faster. 8coachm will also be having a lot of influence on what the area of responsibility will be for each team.

We'll be sharing more details about the organization structure in the future.
Don't beat yourself up.