What in the World

Something isn't working?

Moderator: Minecraft Moderators

Post Reply
CaptainZuzlike
Posts: 850
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:07 pm

What in the World

Post by CaptainZuzlike » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:31 am

Okay, I joined today to be greeted by a friendly Reeps1(who's house is pretty nice, good job!), and a mish mash of commands that both him and I have noticed aren't working as they should. Let's first mention the ones he pointed out.

He said /sethome should be a thing because bedhome doesn't set his home. I decided to be a waypoint for him because I could multitask while doing something else for school. He also thinks /back or /return should be a thing because he is in the moving process to his new house. I tried the command to go back to his house, but it acts like CTRL+Z in photoshop; looping between where you just were, and the last place you teleported to. I could make a waypoint* for him, but that is just absurd for something that should be done on his own with proper homes.

Now comes the part where I complain that my demoting due to inactivity bottlenecks my ability to perform to my utmost when I actually feel like playing minecraft on a multiplayer server that I cherished for the past 2-3 years. I don't have sethome. Whaaat.? Well, I guess I don't get to go anywhere other than spawn without flying and maxing out the server for a few minutes while I find where I just built something. No requesting to teleport to you AKA /tpahere. I understand bring, but tpahere? It seems like the kind of thing a vip or below shouldn't have, but do all ranks under mod have the same commands spare gm and return compared to mine? I don't have heal, nick, time setting commands, no toggledownfall, but I do get weather. So, I've got that going for me which is nice. Take this with a grain of salt, unless you think my rank is not permitted correctly.

If I seemed too "I want this n' that" about the situation, don't take offense. Don't acquire whiner syndrome that plagues the youth of today.

/rant

*Just checked, can't set warps.

User avatar
porwerboy
Posts: 273
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:11 pm
Minecraft IGN: porwerboy

Re: What in the World

Post by porwerboy » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:58 pm

CaptainZuzlike wrote:, but it acts like CTRL+Z in photoshop; looping between where you just were, and the last place you teleported to.
had to take a photoshop class, I feel your pain.
bitch

User avatar
knutremi
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:59 pm
Minecraft IGN: knutremi
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: What in the World

Post by knutremi » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 pm

CaptainZuzlike wrote:He said /sethome should be a thing because bedhome doesn't set his home.
Oversight by me. These things have to be mentioned when they're discovered or I won't know I'm supposed to fix them.
CaptainZuzlike wrote:He also thinks /back or /return should be a thing because he is in the moving process to his new house.
It is a thing, but he has to draw some attention to his builds while the staff is online, so he can unlock the permission.
CaptainZuzlike wrote:I tried the command to go back to his house, but it acts like CTRL+Z in photoshop; looping between where you just were, and the last place you teleported to.
Again with the lack of understanding. Don't you think I wanted to get stuff like this that we had before working? We were forced to use essentials, and then we'll just have to accept that we can't have everything from CommandBook. Deal with it.
CaptainZuzlike wrote:Now comes the part where I complain that my demoting due to inactivity bottlenecks my ability to perform to my utmost when I actually feel like playing minecraft on a multiplayer server that I cherished for the past 2-3 years.
You lost staff privileges for lack of understanding and being inconciderate. But you can think of it as having potential for improvement. I still have faith in you.

Being a staff member is mostly about being nice regardless of whom it's towards. When we're (slightly) nasty, it's because someone is way over the line. Further more, we have to keep our own opinions and thoughts about people out of matters irrelevant to those. Can you honestly say you've always done all these things well? If you do, I disagree.
CaptainZuzlike wrote:No requesting to teleport to you AKA /tpahere.
Constructor and further should now have /tpahere
CaptainZuzlike wrote:I don't have heal,
Builder and further now have /heal.
CaptainZuzlike wrote:nick,
You're not supposed to either. Ask a mod or admin.
CaptainZuzlike wrote:time setting commands
Constructor and further had /ptime for a long while now
CaptainZuzlike wrote:If I seemed too "I want this n' that" about the situation, don't take offense.
This is not what I'm taking offense from.
CaptainZuzlike wrote:/rant
It's this. You seem to be unwilling to consider the problems and needs of other people. And you seem to be unable to ask nicely, so you wait until you can ask in a harsh, condescending or spiteful manner.

I've been finding it incredibly difficult to deal with stress this last year, so I've been forgetting and had trouble attending to the things I'm supposed to. Dealing with peoples lack of consideration is not making it easier. And on top of that I have to make the best out of stuff like unstable hardware and deal with feelings about community members that are now gone. You've just proven that you haven't noticed any of my troubles. Only your own.

Thanks for making me waste time I was gonna spend cross-country skiing on something I could have fixed a long time ago, if only I had been reminded nicely.
Don't beat yourself up.

CaptainZuzlike
Posts: 850
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: What in the World

Post by CaptainZuzlike » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:59 pm

This is a run-on paragraph. Don't expect my train of thought to stick to one thing.

I might of come off as pushy. I did come off as pushy. I can only blame myself because I was kind of frustrated at my own inability to respond to your Skype messages. I was probably frustrated with a bad game of csgo, saw your measages, then ignored them to not get on your bad side with a snarky remark. I then forgot about your messages altogether which didn't help anything at all. I don't want to be an asshole that joins the server and criticizes everything(I know I just did that, and I'm sorry for it). I want to be friendly in general, not just online, which is why I completely uninstalled and blocked the program "csgo.exe" from ever launching on my computer. That game ruined my character. I even purposely removed 60+ people after a toxic match because I didn't want to be affiliated with them at that time, or I just didn't know them. A lot of the people I removed were people I had good times with before csgo even happened. I only didn't remove three people that I knew from ae. The ones that didn't think of me as an *insert insult* at the time. What I find funny is when someone(not me) calls a certain someone a name, they get so butthurt they decide to change everyone's opinion about a completely different person(me) and basically try to run me out of the server. I know some have apologized for not knowing the truth, but it still bothers me that could happen.

Segue into what this was supposed to be

I didn't mean for this whole "lack of understanding thing to happen. I honestly just wanted to play AlterEgo with some people, solving disputes, punishing ne'er do wells, and being a positive spirit to be gladly welcomed to the server; sharing the favor in the process.

Valve pls fix.

User avatar
knutremi
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:59 pm
Minecraft IGN: knutremi
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: What in the World

Post by knutremi » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:07 pm

Now we're getting somewhere. This is where we're starting to realize we're all in the same boat.
CaptainZuzlike wrote:I can only blame myself because I was kind of frustrated at my own inability to respond to your Skype messages.
There's something there. Think a bit about it. And if you think there's something about me, just tell me about it when you've given it some thought.
CaptainZuzlike wrote: I don't want to be an asshole that joins the server and criticizes everything
I suggest you think of it as matters that need a solution instead. That makes it easier for me to feel like we're getting somewhere, instead of feeling like you expect these things to be fixed stat or you'll be annoyed with me.
CaptainZuzlike wrote:I completely uninstalled and blocked the program "csgo.exe" from ever launching on my computer.
Those games are like a drug that keeps you from thinking through things. If you need to think about whether you're being inconsiderate, CS:GO is one such game that'll keep it from happening. However, you only need to cut back on it as long as it's causing you or others trouble. You'll know when you feel like you've thought these things through.

I'm a bit guilty of this myself as well. Tribes: Ascend is a bit too effective at getting your mind of things. It feels good right there, but then everyday life kicks you in the head and you weren't prepared. I'm not launching it until I'm sure I'm not stressed.

Everything in moderation though. Including taking stuff in moderation. That should be done in moderation as well.
CaptainZuzlike wrote:The ones that didn't think of me as an *insert insult* at the time.
That's what people say when they don't know how to explain their feelings about something. It's a shortcut that's way too cheap. But look through it, and you might eventually understand which feelings are behind such remarks.
CaptainZuzlike wrote:What I find funny is when someone(not me) calls a certain someone a name, they get so butthurt they decide to change everyone's opinion about a completely different person(me) and basically try to run me out of the server. I know some have apologized for not knowing the truth, but it still bothers me that could happen.
AlterEgo has a rather different environment, and is a tough nut to crack. I think I know who that someone who's not you is. I managed to understand that person somewhat, and I guess I would have gotten well along with them. However, that doesn't mean we can force everyone to do the same. I didn't know the majority of the community was gonna see things differently from me, and assume you meant for it to happen. General suspicion about unexplained events and acts based on assumptions about who did it, eventually fueled a catastrophe.

People tend to mean well, but they're not always willing to realize that their acts cause a lot more harm than good.
CaptainZuzlike wrote:I didn't mean for this whole "lack of understanding thing to happen. I honestly just wanted to play AlterEgo with some people, solving disputes, punishing ne'er do wells, and being a positive spirit to be gladly welcomed to the server; sharing the favor in the process.
It's harder to show understanding when everyone's hidden behind a keyboard. But when we get so closely knit as we are, some of us get every bit as vulnerable as when you meet us face to face. Realize this before doing something in a hasty way, and I think you might already be there.
CaptainZuzlike wrote:Valve pls fix.
We're getting there. But as everything with complexity, there are no absolutes. There is no state where it's fixed entirely.
Don't beat yourself up.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest