Galacticraft

General Minecraft discussion

Moderator: Minecraft Moderators

8coachm
Minecraft IGN: 8coachm

Galacticraft

Post by 8coachm » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:39 pm

Hey guys me and knut have made a Galacticraft server and heres some instructions on how to get galacticraft and how to join the server.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE TECHNIC LAUNCHER:
  1. go to http://www.technicpack.net/download and click the appropriate download button, e.g. Windows, then run the downloaded file.
  2. After installing and running the launcher install the lapitos galacticraft modpack by scrolling to and clicking Add New Pack in the list on the left, and pasting this into the text box:

Code: Select all

http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/lapitos-galacticraft
  3. After adding the modpack using the Add Modpack button, and clicking PLAY, you'll be in the mod pack after a short wait.
  4. Add the server to the server list and join as usual.
Some goals for you (approved by knut)
  1. Build a moonbase, mars command or, a space station.
  2. Build a mission control base on earth
  3. Build a rocket factory
  4. Fill someones base with liquid sludge
RULES:
Same as normal Minecraft, but:
  1. Small wars are allowed if both sides want a war (we haz nukes)
SERVER IP:

ftb.ae-c.net:25564

Custom Ae Ex pack:
The custom Alter Ego Extreme pack will be live soon. We have a custom technic pack being made by me to replace glacticraft as it has many bugs. So far you can add it to your launcher but not install.

launcher add link:

http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/ae-ex
Last edited by 8coachm on Fri May 09, 2014 1:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

suicidal_banana
Minecraft IGN: suicidal_banana

Re: Galacticraft

Post by suicidal_banana » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:55 am

At first i was like :shock: *GASP* but then i watched some videos, and gotta say im disappointed.

Id much rather see (for example) a garrysmod spacebuild server, while there may be less to build, theres a lot more freedom, theres better physics, and theres actually maps that have proper space and planets and shiz.

knutremi
Minecraft IGN: knutremi

Post by knutremi » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:22 pm

If we're going for the FTB Galacticraft modpack, I'm in. If we're going for something else, I'm also in. But that's if it's gonna work out roughly as well as Ultimate and Unleashed did. They worked out well I say.
Don't beat yourself up.

CaptainZuzlike

Post by CaptainZuzlike » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:57 pm

How does space build work? Is it like mission to Mars, or you are on a small planet with little gravity etc

lolcakes3000
Minecraft IGN: lolcakes3000

Post by lolcakes3000 » Fri May 09, 2014 7:32 am

Wow. Well my start wasn't very great. I died about 10 times. I eventually built a nearly finished house, then broke the miners rule and fell into a ravine. Had to swim 1968 m aprox from spawn to my hoyse. SWIM, not sail SWIM. But now my island is pretty much lit up day and night, got a full set of stone tools, a house and a W.I.P farm.
Creepers mean well.... They just can't control their frustration.[img]http://www.minecraftanonymous.com/asset ... /banner_78
.png[/img]
[SSSS]

knutremi

Post by knutremi » Fri May 09, 2014 4:26 pm

Yep, that's the LGM server without bukkit plugins for you. It's a very unforgiving experience. Especially with the map we went for before realizing that it's just a few somewhat small islands in an infinite ocean. Most definately not for the faint of heart.

Me considering everything that requires op cheating doesn't help it either.
Don't beat yourself up.

lolcakes3000

Post by lolcakes3000 » Sat May 10, 2014 4:53 am

Is it possible to get some bukkit plugins that adds basic commands like /sethome, /tpa and /tpahere and other basic ones. I noticed we have /nick? Whats that from?

P.S. does anyone know how to get mobs like sheep, pigs and cows to spawn? I built a little 10x10 fenced in grass area and bonemealed it and all but no mobs are spawning. Is the fact that its in an ocean biome affecting it? I need a better and faster food source rather than apples and bread.
Creepers mean well.... They just can't control their frustration.[img]http://www.minecraftanonymous.com/asset ... /banner_78
.png[/img]
[SSSS]

lolcakes3000

Post by lolcakes3000 » Sat May 10, 2014 11:55 pm

I have two problems.

1. Im missing apllied energistics finale from my lapitos, should it be in there?
2. I try installing the ae pack, find the modpacks folder and click choose, but it says click an empty directory?
.png[/img]
[SSSS]

knutremi

Post by knutremi » Mon May 12, 2014 3:56 pm

What ever you ask for, unless it's a forge mod we can't do without, I'm not adding it. The server is how it is for good reasons. The modpack is lightweight, and I chose to run it on its current hardware for that reason. The hardware just can't support the kind of big-community stuff you might have seen in professional gaming networks. And the only "staff" member that plays there is me. And those who've been playing there play there for the modpack, not because they want to be held in the hand by plugins and moderators.

TL;DR no you can't have it because we can't support it and it's not important enough. We want to play LGM not support some bloaty noob server.

As for Applied Energistics, download the 1.6.4 version and put it in

technic\modpacks\lapitos-galacticraft\mods
No need to unzip or anything.

Oh and the Ae pack isn't done yet. 8 just likes to post stuff before it's even usable. Me or 8 will post here once it is.
Don't beat yourself up.

Jack67384
Minecraft IGN: Jack67384 Nickname: Jack

Post by Jack67384 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:18 am

cool. I haven't been here in such a long time.
So I put your phone on 'Airplane Mode' and threw it up in the air...Worst Transformer ever. Just saying...