Minecraft IGN: Nons

I'm not going anywhere

Post by Nons » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:47 pm

So with all the stuff going on;
-losing players
-main server downtime
-social life problems with members
-minecraft screwing themselves over to appeal to 11 year olds

All I can do right now is tell you all what's on my mind. Some possible words of encouragement.
As the title suggests, I'm not going anywhere. I don't think I ever will. I love this community too much.

Back in around 2012 I had almost no friends; I was invited to AE in the first place by my old bully for crying out loud! When I came here, I felt welcome. I felt like people enjoyed my company (before all the rage and butthurt I caused). I still feel like that to this day and to me... you guys are almost my family.

This is probably too soppy and mushy for some people reading this but it's what's on my mind.
Fake, I almost feel like I should have personally thanked you for changing my life. It was alter ego that got me out of a depression phase a few years ago, and it is what's helping me through the current shiz life's throwing at me. Thankyou for the community.

Sui, you told me a while back that you've been absent from the community for quite a while and have been busy with other stuff. Still you come back and try to help where you can, Kudos to you!

But there's one person I especially have to thank. Knutremi. For about a year now AE has quite clearly been struggling for players. You still run it and try to make it work. The dedication you've provided is insane and it almost seems like you're running this community yourself!

This place is my second home and I will personally do all I can to keep this community going. Even if it ends up with just me left, I'll be here to help any way I can. If any of the admins need me to do something to help the community, I'm completely up for it.
Some ideas:
-Youtube series on Nons/Livestreaming on the server with the IP overlaid to gather publicity
-Bringing as many friends as I can to AE (I've been doing that for a while)
-Producing an Advert video (those ones that sui used to give credits out for) and sharing it everywhere
-Keeping an eye out for another potential multiplayer game to attract more players

Just a few ideas but that's all I have to say.
I ain't gonna get got. But if I get got, I gotta get got like I ain't get gotten got though

#MakeAlterEgoGreatAgain

knutremi
Minecraft IGN: knutremi

Re: I'm not going anywhere

Post by knutremi » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:36 pm

Thanks for sharing. I think I'm speaking for more people than myself when I say your precense here is appreciated. And thanks for the praise.

I try to be online more often, but I'm in less than ideal shape, so there's not always a lot of energy left. That's a bummer when you should be doing stuff that could help grow our player base.

I don't think we need to shove the IP in people's faces. We just need some enjoyable video content, some viewers of it, and a place people who like it can go.

Either way, if you (and others) have good ideas,
  • gather some thoughts (and cons/pros) about them
  • if more people can participate, get people exited about their part in it
  • get noteworthy results from everyone all the way through it
  • announce stuff when there's stuff (even minor) to announce
Also you do have the means as long as I (and others) can help it.
Don't beat yourself up.

zsdrfty
Minecraft IGN: zsdrfty

Post by zsdrfty » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:56 pm

I remember that elevator video sui made brought a total of ~7 people to the server, just keep making cool stuff and posting? :P

also, this is the only community i bother being a part of, so i probably wont budge
EVEN NOW, THE EVIL SEED OF WHAT YOU'VE DONE GERMINATES WITHIN YOU

suicidal_banana
Minecraft IGN: suicidal_banana

Post by suicidal_banana » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:12 pm

Aww your all soppy and mushy, we love you too man :D

And thanks for the praise, but honestly the bit towards me is undeserved, like you also pointed out already, Knutremi has been doing all the heavy lifting, and he actually is running the community himself (not taking mods/players into account, which obviously do so too, but not too the same extend)

To get new players, i agree, we need to post a bunch more videos, maybe even a tutorial series of some sort? However i also still think we need to branch out to other games to really grow, but i fully understand that's easier said then done (especially considering we need a server that can handle that)

Oh and wooooooh, elevatooorrrrrrr:

Ill show my face again some time soon, currently busy with work, and 'busy' in garrysmod hehe, so prolly wont happen today/tomorrow, but i will make an effort to pop in during the weekend :)

suicidal_banana

Post by suicidal_banana » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:28 pm

Boo, cant connect :(

knutremi

Post by knutremi » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:23 pm

suicidal_banana wrote:Boo, cant connect :(
Flippin heck. They went ahead and changed my IP address. Until we can get the DNS updated, it's 89.9.70.253.
Don't beat yourself up.

suicidal_banana

Post by suicidal_banana » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:53 pm

Cant connect with that either :P

knutremi

Post by knutremi » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:58 pm

Me neither. Because it's 89.9.170.253 :lol:
Don't beat yourself up.