19%
Another Staff Member
38%

Total votes: 16

Nons
Minecraft IGN: Nons

Suggestions I've heard

Post by Nons » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:16 am

So, I get told all sorts of stuff that could improve the server. The intended thing for players to do is to pass them onto knutremi, whether it be Skype or Forum, but this poll is to see what should be done first/at all.

This is not a complaint, it's simply listing the ideas to see what people would like :)
Spoiler: show
Permissions Clarity:
Currently, it is not well known which rank has what. We sort out the current permissions before we begin the new rank ladder. I will happily help on this.

Fresh 1.10 World
While I don't personally agree on this one, I can see why people do. We start a fresh new world for people to play in as it is hard to tell where people can and can't build.

Expand/Remove World Border and Move Spawn
This is the alternative to creating a new world. If I'm correct, new chunks will be spawned as 1.10 and people have a fresh start.

Clarified Rules
The rules are simply in need of work. If the rules are clarified and enforced, there will be less griefing.

Separate Survival and Creative Worlds
This is an idea I have been proud of for a while.
An issue I have seen a lot of new players have is that they spawn into the world, then don't know where to build because all of the builds are in creative. So, players start off in the survival world and when they rank high enough, they can teleport to the creative world. Makes the ranks more valuable as it provides more reward.

Another Staff Member
This one is self explanatory yet controversial. That's all up to the player's opinions. If not, I will remove it.
If I remember more, I will add them
But for now, let's see what needs to be done to make Alter Ego better :D
I ain't gonna get got. But if I get got, I gotta get got like I ain't get gotten got though

#MakeAlterEgoGreatAgain

porwerboy
Minecraft IGN: porwerboy

Re: Suggestions I've heard

Post by porwerboy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:13 pm

The plot world the main world and the flatworld (I don't know if it is currently loaded) currently are used as creative and survival worlds worlds. The "New 1.10 world" would probably be treated as a survival world, but knutremi expanded the world border to have a 20k radius and I found some 1.10 chunks, which around there I strongly encourage people only use survival because there are a ton of 1.8 and 1.9 areas around spawn which are currently unused and since there are no new 1.10 biomes that is creative should be used.

The permissions clarity, which is something I strongly agree with should be it's own topic altogether so the entire community can help and work on each rank, which is same for the rules.

And for the new staff member, yes, because nons deserves a break.
bitch

porwerboy

Post by porwerboy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:18 pm

Nons wrote:But for now, let's see what needs to be done to make Alter Ego better :D
*make alter ego great again*
bitch

Nons
Minecraft IGN: Nons

Post by Nons » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:11 pm

porwerboy wrote:The plot world the main world and the flatworld currently are used as creative and survival worlds worlds.
Ish, I use flatlands because my railway is really spread out, a normal creative world would be used for people who want to make hidden bases and military bases *cough* Coach *cough*
porwerboy wrote: The "New 1.10 world" would probably be treated as a survival world
Agreed
porwerboy wrote: knutremi expanded the world border to have a 20k radius and I found some 1.10 chunks

Noted
porwerboy wrote: I strongly encourage people to only use survival around there because there are a ton of 1.8 and 1.9 areas around spawn which are currently unused and since there are no new 1.10 biomes that is where creative should be used.
So while we're using the current world, Creative in 1.8/1.9 biomes, and Survival in 1.10? Sorry that was a bit TL;DR for me :lol:
porwerboy wrote: The permissions clarity, which is something I strongly agree with should be it's own topic altogether so the entire community can help and work on each rank, which is same for the rules.
With the problem of whiners gone, it can go back to being a fun "purpose" in the server :)
porwerboy wrote: As for the new staff member, yes, because Nons deserves a break.
Awh thanks bby <3 If anything though, knut deserves the break :)
I ain't gonna get got. But if I get got, I gotta get got like I ain't get gotten got though

#MakeAlterEgoGreatAgain

porwerboy

Post by porwerboy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:17 pm

Nons wrote:
porwerboy wrote: I strongly encourage people to only use survival around there because there are a ton of 1.8 and 1.9 areas around spawn which are currently unused and since there are no new 1.10 biomes that is where creative should be used.
So while we're using the current world, Creative in 1.8/1.9 biomes, and Survival in 1.10? Sorry that was a bit TL;DR for me :lol:
Yeah
bitch

8coachm
Minecraft IGN: 8coachm

Post by 8coachm » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:41 pm

TRUMP FOR ADMIN

knutremi
Minecraft IGN: knutremi

Post by knutremi » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:25 pm

The ladders and their interpretation are up for discussion. If anything's unclear, ask for a clarification. If you don't know what to ask about, ask me to suggest a question. The topic is intended to be "necroed" as it's supposed to be up to date at all times.
Don't beat yourself up.